For a copy of the 2013 training and education schedule please click here.
-This section is in development.-
Find out when the important dates are in the ICC. This is for
organizational information like board meetings, trainings, deadlines
for scholarships, and committee. Add your house or committee events
to share with other co-opers!
The ICC Wiki is a place where all ICC members can contribute
information about the ICC information. It is currently in an experimental
phase, meant for use by current members. If it becomes a useful
resource we will add it to the web pages for prospective members
House Officer Descriptions
Each house has a unique set of house officers. Some have different names for the jobs and because each house has different needs the officer positions reflect that. The following are some basic positions that exist and general duties. See your house constitutions for a more detailed description.
1. House President - some houses have two presidents: one that works with the in-house issues like rooms, officers, house meetings and policies. The out-house president in this case would mostly be the bridge to the organization. They would be the voting house representation of the Board of Directors and would sit on an ICC committee. They would be responsible for reporting Board actions and communication between the house and the ICC. When a house has one president they are responsible for everything listed above.
2. Ordering Steward - all boarding houses have a person for this job. Even some non-boarding houses have someone in charge of ordering supplies and "guff" food for the house. This person is responsible for working with Student Buyer's Association and other companies to order food and supplies for the house.
3. Maintenance Manager - often houses have more than one officer for this position, as it is a big job. The house maintenance managers are voting members of the ICC Maintenance Committee. Every house must be represented at every semi-weekly meeting. These officers vote on and bring project proposals for house improvements to the committee as well as manage and oversee minor maintenance in the house.
4. Work Manager - responsible for assigning and enforcing house jobs among the members of the house. The house cleanliness and sanitation of the house is an important job for an important officer. They also assign members to office labor, which helps keep our organization running.
5. House Treasurer - creates the house budget and educates and reports to the house specifics regarding house and ICC finances. They post and collect monthly charges and deliver them to the ICC finance office. They pay all house bills including utilities and amenities.
6. Secretary - important for house history and record keeping. They are responsible for taking minutes or notes during the house meeting and posting them at the house and getting a copy for the archives at the ICC office. They are also in charge of keeping accurate past house members addresses for the purposes of forwarding first class mail.
7. Here are some other officer positions that exist at some houses: Groundskeeper, Kitchen Manager, Social Activities Manager, Technology Manager
Scheduled Job Descriptions